The Foundation of Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery
The Foundation of the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery is the main fundraising body for the Museum and is comprised of community-minded members who support TMAG through giving and philanthropy.
Established in the early 1980s, the Foundation has raised more than six million dollars for the TMAG and these funds have been used to support acquisitions and programs.
By becoming a member of the Foundation, you can ensure this innovative collaboration between the arts and industry continues to thrive.
As a member, you will have the opportunity to target personal contributions towards the areas of the Tasmanian State Collection that you are passionate about.Membership benefits
Members of the Foundation of the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery:
- Enjoy the satisfaction of knowing they are supporting the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery as a member of it’s principal fundraising group
- May claim their joining donation as a tax-deduction
- Enjoy priority access to the Members’ Lounge, between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm daily
- Receive regular invitations to Foundation events, fundraising dinners as well as invitation to TMAG events and openings
- Are invited to attend annual, organized tours of interstate galleries and exhibitions led by the Director of TMAG
- Are acknowledged for their contribution on honor boards displayed throughout TMAG
- Receive a 10% discount on purchases made at the Museum Courtyard Cafe (membership card must be shown before placing a food or beverage order)
- Receive a 10% discount on purchases at the Museum Shop (membership card must be shown before completion of each transaction)
- Are emailed copies of TMAG’s Annual Report
Members are also entitled to reciprocal rights at participating museums and art galleries, upon presentation of their valid membership card.
For further details on membership, please download a Foundation brochure (PDF 0.2 MB)
You can contact the Foundation of the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery by emailing email@example.com.