Narryna Heritage Museum gallery


Narryna6 Narryna4 Nursery_doll

Left: Captain Andrew Haig (1793-1871), builder of Narryna, miniature portrait, artist unknown
Centre: Boy’s dress c. 1825, part of the extensive Narryna Heritage Museum costume and childhood collections
Right: Bakelite doll c. 1920, Narryna nursery 

Narryna_drawing_room 

Narryna’s drawing room following restoration in 2013. Photo: Simon Cuthbert 

IMG_2611 IMG_2659

Left: Narryna from the camellia garden
Right: Copy books were used by students to perfect their handwriting, Narryna collection

Narryna2

Narryna's kitchen. Photo: Peter Robinson

IMG_5802 

Narryna dining room vignette 

Narryna5

Mrs Anne Coverdale, oil on canvas by Knut Bull c. 1855 

Haigs_warehouses_Salamanca_021 

Narryna’s landholding originally extended from Hampden Road to the high watermark. In 1834, Captain Andrew Haig built the pair of warehouses facing Salamanca Place which are visible at the centre of the above image.