TMAG Children’s Festival
RETREAT Artist-in-Residence: Youth Call Out
REGISTRATION DATE NOW EXTENDED: Friday 20 March 2020
RETREAT is a unique opportunity for young people aged 13 to 17 years to present an original performance/ installation as part of the 2020 TMAG Children’s Festival (20-24 April 2020) at the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery. As a member of the RETREAT Company you will be working with artists from award-winning and internationally-acclaimed visual theatre company Erth Visual & Physical Inc. Across two intensive workshops, and then the Festival period, you will be part of a unique experience: animating a life-sized puppet of the rare and endangered Sumatran rhino in the basement of the museum!
Who: Young people, 13 to 17 years old
What: An artist-in-residence with visual theatre company Erth Visual & Physical Inc.
Performance venue: Bond Store Basement: Bring to life a very rare, almost extinct animal (the Sumatran rhino) every day of the 2020 TMAG Children’s Festival. Create an amazing environment where families and children can learn more about what they can do to help lessen species and habitat loss in their local community and internationally.
As part of the RETREAT Company you will need to commit to:
- A 2-day Performance Workshop at TMAG on Saturday, 4 April and Sunday, 5 April
- Final Rehearsal Period at TMAG: 15 to 17 April
- Performance Days: 3 or 4 morning or afternoon sessions as part of the TMAG Children’s Festival 20 to 24 April.
- An amazing creative experience creating a very special art work and contributing to a call-to-action to lessen species and habitat loss
- Yummy food!
- A small cash allowance to cover transport costs for you.
REGISTRATION DATE EXTENDED: Friday 20 March 2020
TMAG's Festival for Children and Young People will be returning in 2020!
Stay tuned for the announcement of the new name!