TMAG Children’s Festival
TMAG's Festival for Children and Young People will be returning in 2020!
For the fifth Festival, and for future festivals, we are looking for a NEW NAME and a NEW LOOK and we want your help to do that!
Entry to the TMAG Festival Naming Competition is easy.
If you live in Tasmania and are aged 16 year or under, you can enter this competition by:
- giving us a new name for the Festival
- creating a design, logo or 'look' for your Festival name
You can download an entry form here, or pick one up from the TMAG Central Gallery at the activity station.
Complete SECTION 1 and/or SECTION 2 of the entry form. Make sure you fill out all of the on the form and have the form signed by your parent or guardian.
You can submit your entry at TMAG by putting it in the TMAG Festival Naming Competition Entry Box at the TMAG Visitor Information Desk.
OR POST to "TMAG Festival Naming Competition", Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, GPO Box 1164, HOBART TAS 7001
ENTRY CLOSE DATE EXTENDED: Friday, 24 January 2020
There's a great PRIZE PACK to be won:
- $100 voucher to spend in TMAG’s Museum Shop
- A Festival Double GOLD PASS! – This will guarantee you and a friend a reserved place to any ticketed events at our 2020 Festival
- A 2020 Festival T- Shirt with your winning Festival name and/or artwork.
The winner will be notified by Friday, 31 January 2020 and the Prize Pack will be presented during the Festival opening event on the morning of Monday, 20 April 2020.
Past Festival Programs
If you're after some inspiration for the Festival Naming Competition, here are the programs from the previous festivals:
RETREAT is a unique opportunity for young people aged 13 to 17 years to present an original performance/ installation as part of the 2020 TMAG Children’s Festival (20-24 April 2020) at the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery.
As a member of the RETREAT Company you will be working with artists from award-winning and internationally-acclaimed visual theatre company Erth Visual & Physical Inc. Across two intensive workshops, and then the Festival period, you will be part of a unique experience: animating a life-sized puppet of the rare and endangered Sumatran rhino in the basement of the museum!
WHO: Young people, 13 to 17 years old
WHAT: An artist-in-residence with visual theatre company Erth Visual & Physical Inc.
PERFORMANCE VENUE: Bond Store Basement: Bring to life a very rare, almost extinct animal (the Sumatran rhino) every day of the 2020 TMAG Children’s Festival.
Create an amazing environment where families and children can learn more about what they can do to help lessen species and habitat loss in their local community and internationally.
As part of the RETREAT Company you will need to commit to:
- A 2-day Making Workshop at TMAG on Saturday, 14 and Sunday, 15 March
- A 2-day Performance Workshop at TMAG on Saturday, 4 April and Sunday, 5 April
- Final Rehearsal Period at TMAG: 15 to 17 April
- Performance Days: 3 or 4 morning or afternoon sessions as part of the TMAG Children’s Festival 20 to 24 April.
- An amazing creative experience creating a very special art work and contributing to a call-to-action to lessen species and habitat loss
- Yummy food!
- A small cash allowance to cover transport costs for you, etc.
30 January: Last day to submit register form
13 February: Find out if you are part of the RETREAT Company
27 February: RETREAT Company get together, pizza and information session
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Fill out the registration form here.