The Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery’s spaces and exhibitions are designed to inspire students’ learning and discovery across a breadth of discipline areas. Self-guided visits, where an educator plans and leads their own tour of TMAG, can occur any time throughout the year. It is one of the most effective ways to engage students with exhibitions and create direct links to classroom studies.
Self-guided groups need to book a minimum of two weeks in advance of the proposed visit date.
There are a range of resources available to support educators planning a self-guided visit:
- Visit the What’s On webpage for information on current and upcoming exhibitions
- Watch the Introduction to TMAG video with your students and read the Plan your group visit webpage
- Visit the Online Resources webpage for education material relating to exhibitions
- Borrow a Teacher Backpack containing exhibition-themed objects and activities (best suited to Primary School groups)
- Check-out upcoming Professional Enrichment programs at TMAG, including Exhibition Previews for Educators
We recommend a pre-visit to TMAG, if possible, to familiarise yourself with exhibitions and plan the logistics of your self-guided visit.
Our Bookings Officers are able to answer questions and provide advice to help make your self-guided visit a success. Please contact them through the online booking form.